End of week 3 – Weight 264
Lets see how this week went
- Rum runners;
- Honey garlic chicken with lo mein;
- Cheeseburger and onion rings; and,
I don’t want to continue because I’m pretty sure you get the idea…
Did I work out? Nope, well I did some deep cleaning at home so that will count for 1 decent work out.
I have 2 pieces of advise to share that were said to me by 2 influential people in my life
The first was from my Tae Kwon Do master about 5 years ago. I’ve know him since I was 7 (Yes I did martial arts. I was really good actually. I’ve always been very athletic). I had moved back to Boston after college and decided I was going to be a chef. To make a long story short. I’ve been cooking professionally since 2005 and really wanted to climb the ladder already. I also needed the income to get off my cousin’s couch and get my own apartment. His response to all my complaining was simply:
“If you haven’t made it to where you want to go it’s because you are not trying hard enough.”
The second piece of advise is from my current boss. I’ve know him and worked for him on and off since I was 18:
“Throw away your scale. You will drive yourself crazy.”
I’ve been weighing myself weekly to monitor the change. I’ve also been entering EVERYTHING I eat and drink into the fitness app religiously (which was good at first because now I’m more aware) but it has really been stressing me out! I’m obsessing over it and then getting sad and upset with myself after discovering the results are not what I was hoping for.
The reality is, that’s all I’ve been doing. Sure I’ve been a little more health conscious. If I ordered a pizza I would make sure it was a veggie, my juicy medium rare burger would only have cheese and not bacon ect. Really?
I need stronger motivation
Last week I declared the following:
“I am determined to find my inner strength and do this! We all know we have it! I quit smoking for crying out loud. If I can do that I can do this. I need to find something to really push me and motivate me and make me want to try harder.”
So after doing a little research and thinking I came up with this:
Build Your Plan
We are going to do this together!
Any successful venture requires good business plan. So lets treat these goals as a business objective. Once we’ve determined exactly what we want to achieve and our deadline, we have to work backwards to create a monthly plan of action with realistic and specific goals.
Make goals. Realistic ones though. Sit down and put everything one paper (or word document). Discus your plan with your support system (significant other, best friends ect). Decide what you want to accomplish and how you plan to get there. Commit to the change and understand that you get what you put into it. Look what happened to me, I set a goal but didn’t really change my lifestyle all that much. Surprise surprise! I didn’t really lose any weight!
Set more than one goal. I set only one goal for myself; to fit into my size 12 dresses by July 31st for our formal nights on the cruise. Maybe I should have set an easier one to accomplish beforehand to help boost some self esteem. I’m a size 18. Even though that goal is realistic, it’s not an easy one. Here I am end of week 3 of my Journey and I haven’t really lost any weight. If you sent difficult goals, the odds of you failing are pretty high. Weight loss becomes hard to achieve if you feel like a constant failure.
This is what I am going to start with and adjust as I go:
- What are your goals?
- Deadline for each goal.
- What are you going to do to achieve them?
- What are you willing to change/give up?
- Get a support system.
- List your motivation.
What are your goals?
First Goal: Fit into my size 12 dresses and bathing suits.
Second Goal: Loose at least one dress size (I added a new smaller goal!)
Deadline for each goal.
Fist Goal: July 31st – Royal Caribbean Cruise Embarkation Day
Second Goal: July 7th – My birthday
What are you going to do to achieve them?
I will not join a gym… The gym that is close by doesn’t have a pool or any classes, the one that has a pool and classes is more expensive and my ex’s dad is always there at the time I go. Plus, going to the gym is boring!
I will however start gardening again. Here are some great articles of the health benefits of gardening:
I will also plan to start several projects that have many benefits which the 2 obvious ones are a more organized home and it’s a great workout:
- Clean out the cabinets in my kitchen;
- Organize the second bedroom (it looks like a storage unit); and,
- Clear out the junk in the back patio and make it into an actual patio (and then have a party!)
What are you willing to change/give up?
- Fruity cocktails;
- Cheeseburgers ;
- Cheat days! No more Chinese food on Saturdays;
- Weigh and measure every other week instead of every week; and,
- Wait before I go for a second helping.
Get a support system.
This handsome devil has been my #1 since the start.
But I decided I need to call in the reinforcements…my cousins.
What happened to us?
Sarah hasn’t set a date yet but Marie’s is in November and her sister Amy (also shown in the picture right next to Marie) also hasn’t set a date.
With 3 weddings coming up I decided to recruit them. The details haven’t been ironed out yet but we decided to get together and discus how we can be each others support system.
List your motivation
- I don’t want to get depressed when I look in the mirror;
- The only clothes that fit me at the stores are ugly;
- I don’t want to get winded with I go up a flight of stairs;
- I want to fit into all my old clothes and shoes again;
- I don’t want my back to hurt anymore (I have a herniated disk);
- It’s hard to find nice bras in my size;
- I want to be healthy and live longer for:
– Aria, my baby niece (see photo)
– My future children
– And most importantly, ME
- I want to show off my bad ass chef tattoo; and
- I don’t want to have to worry about being over the weight limit for anything at all! That’s so embarrassing!
- Its my birthday so I’m pretty sure I’m going to get a lot of attention…
- New outfit!
- I’m going to make Rob throw me a party.
- Rob said he would buy me an expensive piece of jewelry if I make it to my goal;
- Nice photos on my first cruise;
- I wont have to buy new dresses for the formal nights (cuz lord knows I have expensive taste); and,
- I can go horseback riding on one of the shore excursions. (I’m definitely way over the weight limit right now).
I’m sure this list can get lengthy but lets stop here.
What do you think of this plan? Any ideas or comments, I want to hear them!